This recipe is great to make when you have a bit of extra time in the morning. It’s sweet, warm and super nourishing. This is definitely a recipe that could easily be adjusted to fit the different seasons. Today I am sharing the recipe with pears and strawberries but in the winter you could add cinnamon and bananas which is also delicious!
Oats are a great breakfast food because it is a great source of fibre, iron and a bit of protein. These nutrients will help keep you feeling full for a longer period of time. If you want to get fancy, you could also make a batch of this Coconut Whip Cream recipe as a sweet creamy topping!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pear, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven at 35o degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the liquids: almond milk, apple sauce, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped pear.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the edges have browned.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with strawberries and almonds.
Thanks for reading!
Get weekly healthy recipe post sent to your inbox! Sign up today and get a FREE resource guide on my top tips for eating healthy while on a budget! (Sign up on top right hand side or bottom of page!)