It’s no secret that avocado toast took over foodie Instagram accounts in 2016. This combo is easy, creamy, crunchy and and also looks great in a photo;). I’ve shared various avocado toast recipes in the past – such as this simple egg and avo toast recipe and today I am sharing another! This recipe takes avocado toast to another level with artisan bread (not toasted!), creamy avocado, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes and chopped parsley!
I saw this freshly made whole grain bread at the grocery store the other day and couldn’t resist buying it! I definitely don’t purchase this kind of bread on a regular basis but I do enjoy shaking up a recipe I make all the time.
Anytime of bread you choose for this recipe will work though!
This recipe makes a great lunch or quick dinner that contains good carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein. Always choose whole grain bread as it provides a good source of fibre.
- 2 slices artisan whole grain bread (or use any kind of bread if you prefer!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced and pitted
- 1 tsp back pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Begin by placing egg in water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, immediately turn the element off and cover the sauce pan with a lid.
- Leave this for about 10 minutes (less if you prefer your egg runny).
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mash the avocado.
- Spread the avocado onto 2 sliced of whole grain bread.
- Once egg is done, remove from sauce pan, run egg under cold water and peel of skin.
- Slice the egg in half and place on bread along with the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper.
Can we also just take a second to appreciate that there is finally an avocado emoji!?!
Is there an emoji you are still waiting to see?!
Thanks for reading!