If you follow me on Instagram you will know I was in Chicago for the first week in July. Chicago is such a beautiful city and we had such a great time trying deep dish pizza, watching the Cubs play, visiting the bean, shopping at Whole Foods, and SO MUCH MORE. We stayed at an amazing hotel (found such a good deal on Expedia) that was right in the loop downtown. I would highly recommend visiting if you haven’t been, it’s only a quick 12 hour drive from Winnipeg! Totally doable for a week vacay.
Since being home this past week, I have been very motivated to get back on track with my regular eating habits. I received good feedback from my previous videos so I decided to film for one full day everything that I was eating. I’ve added the recipes to this blog post and the video is linked at the bottom of this post.
- ¼ cup steel cut oatsl (I used the Trader Joe's brand)
- ¾ water
- 3 tbsp of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Fresh strawberries
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp seeds
- In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil then add oats.
- Lower heat and bring down to a simmer and cover saucepan.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add oats to a bowl along with coconut milk and maple syrup, then give it a stir.
- Now add your toppings and enjoy!
- Spread hummus on rice cake and top with arugula, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Sprinkle with toasted hemp seeds.
- Enjoy alone or with a side quinoa salad!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 10 asparagus spears
- 3 cups cauliflower
- ¼ red cabbage (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken on pan and sprinkle chicken with onion powder.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cauliflower and cabbage (if using) and coat with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder and salt.
- Place on baking sheet (same one as the chicken) and place in over.
- At about 25 minutes, flip everything over and bake for about another 20 minutes.
- Ensure chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
How do you get back on track after vacation? I would love to know!