Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus is my new favourite dip! This recipe is creamy, nourishing and loaded with flavour. I love cooking with squashes this time of the year because they are very affordable at the grocery store and give a regular recipe some seasonal flare!
With the holidays coming up, this recipe makes the perfect dip to pair with vegetables and crackers. It can easily be brought to a gathering and enjoyed by all as it is dairy-free and gluten-free.
To make this recipe, I basically took a regular hummus recipe and added roasted butternut squash! And to give it even MORE nutrients, I added Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds to the recipe. If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that I love added these hemp seeds to anything I can.
I mean just look at the nutrients that are in a serving:
- 10 grams of protein
- 10 grams of omega-3 and omega-6
- 3 grams of fibre
- 100% daily value of Manganese
- 70% daily value of Magnesium
- 30% daily value of Iron, and so much more!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 can (425g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Dash of pepper
- Preparing Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel butternut squash, cut in half, remove seeds and dice into 1 inch pieces.
- Transfer diced butternut squash to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp of garlic powder and a dash of salt.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Preparing the Hummus
- Once butternut squash has cooled a bit, add to a blender or food processor with chickpeas, tahini, hemp seeds, lemon juice, water, dash of salt and pepper
- Blend/process until smooth
- Place in a small bowl and top with hemp seeds
- Enjoy with vegetables & crackers!
Thanks for reading!
Hemp Hearts provide by Manitoba Harvest however all thoughts are my own! :)