I am back and today I am sharing a super fun and vibrant salad recipe!
No leafy greens in this salad recipe, however it is still loaded with colourful vegetables!!
This recipe was inspired by the amount of grocery stores that now sell prepackaged spiralized veggies (photo below). I personally LOVE my spiralizer, especially for spiralizing potatoes into healthy curly fries, recipe here. I own this spiralizer and love how easy it is to use and clean. If you’ve never had a spiralized veggie (it’s literally just a vegetable that has been transformed into a noodle shape) then trying one of these prepackaged spiralized vegetables from the grocery store may be a good option for you to try.
Common prepackaged spiralized vegetables at the grocery store are: beets, zucchini, sweet potatoes and carrots.
How to eat spiralized vegetables:
- Zucchini noodles (swap your regular pasta dish with zucchini noodles)
- Add to stir-frys
- Salads (like the one I am sharing today!)
- Desserts (hello zucchini noodle muffins!)
- Add to soups
- Add to your omelet or egg dish
- Add to your lunch wrap
- & SO MUCH MORE! (Link in the comments your fav spiralized recipe!)
For the creamy dressing, I am using the Herb & Garlic Spice blend by Tasty Tidbits. If you are local to Winnipeg you can normally find these at farmers markets, craft sales or at Spice World on Marion street. They are also available to purchase online. If you do not have access to this particular brand, I recommend finding your favourite spice blend and adding it to non fat (0% MF-Milk Fat) Greek yogurt. This will create a creamy and flavourful dressing! Top this on your salad and you’re ready to eat!
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup spiralized sweet potato
- 1 cup spiralized beets
- ½ cup Plain Greek yogurt (0% MF)
- 1 tbsp of your favourite spice blend (I like to use Herb & Garlic from Tasty Tidbits)
- Sliced almonds
- Golden seedless raisons
- In a medium sized bowl, combine broccoli, sweet potato and beets.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together greek yogurt and spice blend to make a creamy dressing.
- Top dressing over medium bowl with vegetables.
- Sprinkle with almonds and raisons.
- Enjoy as a side dish or enjoy with a hard boiled egg for lunch!
What’s your favourite vegetable to spiralize? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed any of my food photography, please pin them to pinterest!