Noodles + Cashew Dressing + Crispy Tofu + Loads of Veggies
Basically the Best Dinner Ever. 😊
Okay but seriously, this is a dinner is satisfying, tasty and also very nutritious!
The past couple months I’ve been on a Rice Ramen Noodle kick specifically from the brand Lotus Foods (purchased from Vita Health). This brand takes a spin on this traditional Japanese-style noodle by using rice instead of wheat. I have nothing against consuming whole grain wheat BUT these are a great alternative for those sensitive to gluten. There are a variety of options however I personally really like the Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen and guess what? They are ready in 4 minutes!! Just add a ramen cake to a pot of boiling water, let it boil for a couple minutes, strain and you’re ready to eat!
These rice noodles provide some protein but we definitely need more to make this a whole meal. So I like to pair these noodles with tofu and edamame beans. And of course a dinner would not be complete without some veggies! Mushrooms and carrots are a great addition to this combo of ingredients!
The finally thing that pulls everything together? Cashew Dressing!
Made from cashews and a few other simple ingredients, this dressing is filling, easy to make and tastes delicious on so many things! It also stores well in the fridge incase you make some extra for other dishes (or leftovers!).
- Cashew Dressing
- 1 cup cashews (soak these in water 2 hours prior to using)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Crispy Tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Noodle Bowl
- 1 cake Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen follow packing instructions - only takes 4 minutes
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup edamame beans (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup mushrooms, cut into small cubes
- Creamy Cashew Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until creamy consistency is reached (1-2 mins). This cashew dressing can be stored in a fridge for a couple days!
- In a medium bowl lightly toss together cubed tofu, arrowroot powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on medium with 1 tbsp olive oil and then add tofu.
- Sautee tofu for approximately 15 minutes turning tofu over every 3-5 minutes.
- Tofu is ready when the outside has lightly browned and the texture becomes crispy.
- Steam the above three ingredients over boiling water. I like to use the same pot that the noodles are boiling in.
- Put it all together
- In a bowl, add noodle, tofu, edamame and vegetables. Top with creamy cashew dressing!
Thanks so much for reading!!
Let me know if you try out this recipe in the comments!