I am currently sitting here cozy on my couch writing this blog post, editing blog photos and watching the Bachelor?. Any other Bachelor fans out there? I think my favourite is Vanessa, the Canadian! However, I feel like she is too good for Nick so I am not really sure I want her to win. haha
Anyways I could probably go on and on about the Bachelor but I won’t do that to you! ;)
Today I want to share a super fun post that is a CRISPY TOFU HUMMUS WRAP! This is the best lunch. Seriously. It travels well in your lunch bag, it’s filling enough to carry you through the afternoon, and it’s really tasty! If you are not a tofu fan, you can easily swap the tofu for chicken. BUT if you are doing tofu I have the perfect way to get crispy tofu! The secret ingredient?
What is Arrowroot Powder?
Arrowroot powder is a starch that can be substituted for flour in many recipes. Arrowroot powder is a light and white powder that is free of gluten. I purchase mine from Vita Health, it comes in a clear, see through bag. Cornstarch can also be used in this recipe however arrowroot powder is a lot less processed.
First you’ll need a whole-wheat soft tortilla shell (or gluten-free). Then top with homemade or store bought hummus. Then finally top with vegetables of your choice! As you can see from the photos above, I like to add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado!
- Crispy Tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Wrap Ingredients
- 1 whole-wheat soft tortilla wrap (or gluten-free option)
- 3-4 tbsp hummus (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup lettuce, chopped
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- In a medium bowl lightly toss together cubed tofu, arrowroot powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on medium with 1 tbsp olive oil and then add tofu.
- Sautee tofu for approximately 15 minutes turning tofu over every 3-5 minutes.
- Tofu is ready when the outside has lightly browned and the texture becomes crispy.
- To make wrap
- Start by spreading hummus evenly on a whole-wheat tortilla wrap.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and tofu.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy right away OR tightly wrap in saran wrap and store in the fridge.
Let me know if you try out this recipe! Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed any of my food photography, please pin them to pinterest!