Happy New Year!🥂
Today I am excited to share this super easy and delicious Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe!
This recipe was inspired when I saw that Simply Organic was selling a pre-packaged fajita seasoning. It was currently on sale for less than $1 at my local grocery store so of course I couldn’t pass it up. I love making quick dinners that can easily double as lunch the following day, and this recipe is exactly that. One sheet pan is all you need! Load it up with seasoned chicken, bell peppers and onion and throw it in the oven for 30 minutes. Then you are set! Personally I like to eat it with some guac and a bit of salsa, but you can also jazz it up and eat it in a corn tortilla shell. So good.
Although there are minimal ingredients in this recipe, it is loaded with flavour and packed with nutrients. Chicken breast is a great source of protein and the vegetables contain a lot of nutrients and fibre to keep you feeling full.
- 1 Simply Organics Fajita Seasoning (follow instructions on package)
- 2 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (I used green, red and orange)
- ½ onion, sliced
- Optional Toppings:
- Corn tortillas, Salsa, Guacamole, Cilantro, Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large zip lock bag, combine chicken and fajita seasoning. Shake well to evenly coat chicken.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add bell peppers, onion and chicken. Mix it up.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked).
- Remove from oven and enjoy on its own or topped with salsa, guac, and more!
Let me know if you try out this recipe!
Thanks for reading!