Two of the most classic ingredient combos is on the blog today…Peanut Butter & Jelly!!
My favourite part about this recipe is that you probably have the majority of these ingredients in your cupboard/fridge. Quinoa is the base of the recipe, and then I like to add in peanut butter with a bit of coconut milk (or use almond milk). Then mash a few raspberries that will act as the “jelly” to sweeten up this recipe. Once everything is combined, top this breakfast bowl with sliced bananas, raspberry jam and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
I really like this recipe for breakfast because it is loaded with complete protein, healthy fats and good carbohydrates that are filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! Best way to start the day!
If you love a classic PB & J sandwich then you will for sure enjoy this healthy spin on this classic combo!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup raspberries
- Sliced bananas
- Hemp seeds
- Begin by brining quinoa and water to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, place raspberries on a cutting board and use a fork to crush the raspberries to make raspberry jam. Set this aside.
- Once all water has evaporated and quinoa looks done, add coconut milk and peanut butter and stir.
- I also like to add about 2 tbsp of the raspberry jam to sweeten the quinoa mix. Stir to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat and add to two small breakfast bowls.
- Top with the rest of the raspberry jam, banana slices and hemp seeds!
Thanks for ready!
If you enjoyed my food photography, please pin them to pinterest!