Since I started this blog, I have shared various Manitoba Harvest products over the years because I genuinely enjoy them! All their products centre on hemp, which is a plant that can be used for many things (clothing, construction, food). Manitoba Harvest focuses solely on the seed to make hemp foods such as hemp seeds, hemp protein, hemp oil, and they have many snacks like hemp heart toppers! Hemp products have many nutritional benefits, the main ones being a great source of protein and omegas. Hemp seeds have a slight nutty flavour so sneaking them into salads, smoothies, desserts and entrees really boosts the nutritional value without really changing the flavour of the dish.
A few months ago I joined their Hemp Ambassadors team, which means I get sent new goodies that are coming out throughout the year. This most recent box was featuring their new look to their Hemp Hearts packaging. I love the bright, clean look of their new packaging (featured in the image above). Their organic hemp hearts (comes in green packaging) also got the new look (not pictured).
I always have lots of samples of Manitoba Harvest hemp seeds so feel free to send me an email if you want some free samples (email@example.com).
With the launch of their new packaging I decided I would share my favourite go-to healthy dessert and sometimes post-workout snack☺️. These Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls are sweet, gooey and loaded with protein and healthy fats.
So what’s in these Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls anyway?
✔️Dates | Dates create a gooey texture and help keep everything together
✔️Chocolate Protein Powder
- 7 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp Manitoba Harvest hemp seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Shredded Coconut
- Add dates to a food processor and grind until gooey.
- In a medium bowl, add dates from food processor and all other ingredients.
- Using a spatula, mix together all ingredients.
- Grab about one spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Set aside and continue until all mixture has been formed into balls.
- Add shredded coconut to a plate and gently roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
- Ready to eat right away or store in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
What do you think of the new Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed packaging?
Thanks for reading!