Crispy crunchy quinoa puff dessert topped with dark chocolate while also loaded with protein, fibre and omega’s??
COUNT ME IN!
What exactly is in this dessert?
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts (Hemp seeds)✔️
Hemp seeds have a slight nutty flavour which fits perfectly into this dessert. Per serving, these small shelled seeds contain:
- 10 grams of protein
- 10 grams of omega-3 and omega-6
- 3 grams of fibre
- 100% daily value of Manganese
- 70% daily value of Magnesium
- 30% daily value of Iron, and so much more!
Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Syrup ✔️
Natural sugar (similar to honey and maple syrup). I purchased mine from Vita Health, however I have seen this brand at many grocery stores! This syrup is a great substitute for sugar in other recipes as well! This syrup will hold everything together in this recipe.
- 2 cups quinoa puffs
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a small sauce pan, melt peanut butter and brown rice syrup until peanut butter has become a thick liquid and has combined with brown rice syrup (about 10 minutes).
- While that is melting, in a medium bowl combine quinoa puffs, hemp hearts and peanut butter/brown rice syrup once it's done melting.
- Stir together until everything is sticking together.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with coconut oil spray and add mixture to pan.
- Press mixture into pan and even out with hands.
- Top with melted dark chocolate and place in fridge for about 30 minutes (until firm).
- Remove from fridge, cut and serve.
And since it’s almost Halloween, I added a little something to a couple of them…
Edible eyeballs from Bulk Barn
Thanks for reading!
I am a Manitoba Harvest Ambassador, meaning I get sent their products to share. All opinions are my own:)