What’s the best kind of dinner?
For me, it would be something that is:
and of course tasty!
The recipe I am sharing today, definitely checks all those off the list✔️. This has been a go-to dinner of mine the past month and is always a hit when I make it for other people. It came about one day when I really wanted breaded chicken however I wanted to make a healthy version. Using almond flour with spices creates a “breading” on the chicken that I like to put on chicken thighs. Pairing this chicken with sautéed vegetables is the perfect combo! My favourite vegetable lately is yellow squash, because it reminds me of fall and has a great texture. Keep the skin on this squash, it will soften!
Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breast
Chicken thighs contain more fat than chicken breasts however I find them more filing so I like to incorporate them into my meal plans every now and then. Chicken breasts are normally my go-to but I do like to change it up every once in awhile.
In case you were curious, I compared chicken breast vs. chicken thighs in the table below. Information was taken from the Nutrition Facts on packaging of both of these.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sautéed Vegetables:
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 5 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Optional Topping: Sesame Seeds
- In a large bowl, add chicken thighs, almond meal, paprika, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Mix together ingredients, pressing almond meal and spices onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Place coated chicken thighs on a warm pan drizzled with coconut oil.
- Flip every 5-10 minutes until fully cooked (about 20 minutes if not frozen).
- While the chicken is cooking, in a separate pan, add a small amount of coconut oil and add the vegetables.
- Season with pepper.
- Sautee for approximately 15 minutes (vegetables will soften).
- After everything is cooked, place on a dish and enjoy!
- Optional: Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of sautéed vegetables.
Let me know if you try out this recipe!
Thanks for reading!